Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Little Taste of Heaven!!!!


Last month Megan and Danielle came home from their monthly VT visit with the RS presidency bearing gifts. The best gifts in the world: COOKIES!!!

These cookies were the most delectable melt in your mouth heaveness that I have tasted in a long while, maybe even my whole life!!! Luckily Sister Gibson was kind enough to share the recipie. I hope she doesn't mind that I am sharing it here. Danielle was pretty insistant about it.

Here it is:

Ginger Snaps
¾ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
4 tablesppons molasses
1 ½ - 2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp soda
1tsp Cinnamon

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 min


*Sigh* I get all warm inside just thinking about them!!!

Thanks Jill!!

3 comments:

  1. I was looking for a 'like' button!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my roommate Aaron just tried to make these, from your receipe. Blast it, he got the salt and sugar mixed up...

    I'm sure they taste good normally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Maybe you'll have to try again! It would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete