Saturday, February 14, 2009

YUMM! TATOR TOTS!

Ode To Tator Tots!!!!!!

It has been a long time since I really enjoyed tator tots. I remember that they were the longed for item at school lunch. We never filled our pockets with them like Napoleon Dynamite did, but we all loved them.

I had a lot of things to do on Thursday so I was cleaning the house when my hair dresser called and said she could move my appointment from 5:45 to right that minute if I wanted. (10 am) Luckily I had taught Seminary that morning so I was already wide awake and ready to go. Afterwards I decided to just go ahead and run my errands. That was where I made my fatal mistake. I now know why you never shop on an empty stomach. All sorts of things were calling my name in the store as I looked for items to make "healthy" meals. When I went past the freezer section I saw a bag of "mini" tator tots. They won the grand prize, a trip home with me for lunch!!!

They were so yummy, and extra crispy, that I thought I would make a blog about them. I wanted a picture so I went to Yahoo search and typed in Tator Tot images. Some cute and interesting things came up. This was the first image:




Then this cute little guy showed up:



Let me say I would never eat either of those for lunch. EWWW!
I must say that I think this next one is my favorite though.
The title of the picture was "Life after Coffee", but I think
I can see a bit of myself early on Christmas morning, or on
mornings I go help at Seminary. Or maybe a resemblance
to Yoda? I don't know, but it made me laugh out loud.


I know!!! It's the way Josh looks when you take his place at the table!! ;o) JK!!!
THESE are the lucious nummy tots I was talking about!

Only these are full size tots. The mini ones get a bit crispier and I like that!
They bring back days of nostalgia and fill your tummy, can't get much better
than that!!! They are versitile too. I found out you can make a casserole with
them, and kabobs as well.
Another favorite image of mine with the answer of why dinosaurs
no longer roam the earth....... the mighty cholesterol.
And thats the truth!

I want Boaf! ( Name that cinematic treasure!)
No it's not land before time 3,500!

1 comment: