Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Wierd Family Tradition



Off to your right you will notice Sleeping Beauty's castle.

It is one of the first things you see as you come down main street Disneyland USA. We had a grand time there this summer with our family. This year they are actually opening the castle to walk through tours. An interesting idea. What do they have in there anyway?

Below you will see a very different picture of Disneyland. It is a picture from 1957. Before I was even born. I remember however my first trip there. Dad was stationed on one of the Navel bases. We went for a day to the park. I wouldn't get off of the Carosel. I loved it. I hate crowds and it was crowded back in 1966 too. My sister ran around everywhere with my dad. Oh Well at least one of us was fun.

You can actually see the old sky tram. That was fun also. On the right is a picture from 2006. It is the front entrance. When Mark and I went to Disneyland for part of our Honeymoon there was no Disney California and splash mountain or indie. It was still a lot of fun.

Now our family has sort of this twisted view of funerals in connection with Disneyland.
Mark has so much family that lives in California that whenever someone dies we go to Disneyland either before or after the funeral. Family members even help buy tickets to the park. We have been thinking that we better leave enough money in our will to provide a way for the family to get to Disneyland when we die.

Ah memories!!!

3 comments:

  1. I remember the sky tram! Just barely. I love Disneyland and our twisted family traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just celebrating the fact that you know you'll see them again! :)

    I've never been to Disneyland. I'm not a big fan of crouds and lines, but I've heard so many fun things about it. I've tried to imagine what it's like many times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go in January. There were hardly any lines. And yes, we had to go to a funeral so we spent the day at Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete